Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Opposite of a "pack rat"

This past weekend was quite eventful, but I can't tell you until later. It is top secret! So now that you, I'm sure, are thoroughly intrigued, I will go on to the next topic at hand. My mother went with me to the mall this weekend back in my home town, since I was home to work. She had offered to buy me a new pair of work pants and I was not one to object. We ended up buying them at a scrub store, like for nurses, cause they work really well for the restaurant where I work. After getting those we stopped in at Old Navy. Old Navy is one of those stores that every one takes for advantage and never realizes what good quality they are getting for super cheap. I didn't notice until this weekend how practical the clothes they sell are. My mom ended up telling me to pick any thing out that I wanted so I got: three t-shirts, three tank tops, a pair of jeans, 8 pairs of socks, three pair of underwear, a pair of sleep shorts, a skirt, and a pair of really soft capris. This, surprisingly, is the biggest shopping spree I have ever been on and we were done in about an hour and spent 100 dollars. I like to shop for things that are not cloths. Like home decorating, art supplies and groceries. Clothes have never fit me right and I hate trying things on. If I find something that fits well I will buy like 10 of that item so that I won't have to shop again. I will buy one item here or there, but never do I just go out and buy a whole bunch of clothes. I think from now on I will go and buy plain t's and tanks with versitile jeans and shorts. I now have about 15 t- shirts, 8 tanks, 3 pairs of jeans and 6 skirts. This might not sound like a lot but I would wear any of these pieces any day. They are all comfortable and fit me well. Many people, my sister included (love you Manda!) have a plethora of clothes but they never wear them all. I, on the other hand, am a simpleton. I like to have the minimum and I do not hold on to things if I won't use them. I am quite the opposite of a pack rat.

No comments:

Post a Comment